The registry for .RUGBY domain names just launched the new version of its website and it is now possible to register domain names ending in ".rugby", instead of ".com".
Go here: https://roar.rugby/
The .RUGBY new gTLD
Jean Guillon partners with Financial and Player's agents; to advise clubs and International players regarding the Trademark protection of :
- Club names;
- Family names;
- Premium domain names (generic domain names with high added value).
What is a ".rugby" domain name?
The plusses in domain names related to sports is that they are - most of the time – generic: the same word is used worldwide: "Rugby" is the same word in all languages worldwide.
Launching a Top-Level Domain name, or a domain name extension, with ICANN offers better ways to reach and target a specific public like the Rugby players on Internet: every member from the Rugby community will be able to register a domain name like www.whatever.rugby.
- 04/11/2014: All 3 applications remain "on hold";
- 02/17/2014: Reconsideration request from Dot Rugby Limited;
- 02/04/2014: The International Rugby Board (IRB) has effectively killed off its two competitors for the .rugby top level domain name by winning a community objection. - See more at: http://domainnamewire.com/2014/02/04/donuts-and-famous-four-lose-rugby-domain-name-match/
There were 3 applications for the .RUGBY Top-Level Domain and one applicant only will be chosen by ICANN to manage the registry for these domain names:
- Atomic Cross, LLC ("Donuts"), application can be checked here
Passed Initial Evaluation (17 may 2013);
- dot Rugby Limited ("Famous Four Media"), application can be checked here
Passed Initial Evaluation (26 July 2013);
- Applicant n°3 (no name*), application can be checked here
Passed Initial Evaluation (3 may 2013).
* Applicant kindly asked not to have is name given here.